Canada and Manitoba Invest in Wastewater Treatment
- Yahoo Finance
$34.4 million in funding for 10 wastewater and waste management projects in Manitoba
- The Government of Canada's funding comes from the Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program's Green Infrastructure Stream.
- Where applicable, funding is conditional on fulfilling all requirements related to consultation with Indigenous communities.
- The Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program is providing $33.5 billion over 11 years for public infrastructure across Canada. Under this program, provinces and territories prioritize and submit projects to Infrastructure Canada for review. To date, the program has approved more than $20 billion for over 4,500 projects in communities across the country.
- Including today's announcement, 37 infrastructure projects under the Green Infrastructure funding stream have been approved in Manitoba for a total federal contribution of more than $572 million and a total provincial contribution of more than $610 million.
- In Manitoba, the Government of Canada has invested more than $945 million in over 229 infrastructure projects since 2015.