Swiss ESG Knife

  • 26.10.2022
  • Water Online

Traditional water utilities install the main meter at buildings' entrances primarily to bill the property owners. Only 25% of those meters worldwide are IoT enabled — the remaining 75% of meters need to be checked manually and generally only capture the water volume entering a building. Measuring water consumption at the point-of-entry for any building without knowing where it has gone is like earning money without knowing your expenditures. While stricter environmental regulations are driving the future of Real Estate towards the integration of more sustainable water management, improved technologies are no more a nice-to-have but rather a must to survive.

Proptech, the Internet of Things (IoT) and Big data are unlocking a much more comprehensive understanding of actual building performance. All the way from preliminary design stages to project completion and occupancy. IoT provides accessible insights that can be integrated into existing Building Management Systems (BMS) to help building operations become more predictive, ultimately making buildings adaptive to its occupants' behaviors.

Droople, a Swiss-based Company that the PropTech Switzerland Association awarded the International PropTech Innovation Label as one of the top 20 most innovative Swiss companies in the construction and real estate industry with 16 other awards, is digitizing 100+ billion water-based assets "off radar" today. To monitor them, predict their maintenance, and incorporate water and energy efficiency practices.

“The decentralized grid intelligence based on point-of-use monitoring will make this architecture masterpiece from Herzog & de Meuron a sustainable building able to adapt to its occupants behavior.” Ramzi Bouzerda, Founder & CEO.